Definitions and interpretation
Data: Collectively all information that you submit to Pax Group LLC via the Website and Discord server. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided by data protection laws.
Cookies: A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features. Details of cookies are listed below.
Data Protection Laws: Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation.
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Pax Group LLC, We or Us: Pax Group LLC, a company incorporated in the United States whose registered office is at Pioneer Ave Ste 500, Pax Group LLC, WY, 82001
User or you: Any person or third party that accesses the Website or Discord server and is not either (i) employed by Pax Group LLC and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Pax Group LLC and accessing the Website or Discord server in connection with the provision of such services.
Website: The Website that you are currently using, https://thepaxgroup.woildapricot.org/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Pax Group LLC is the “data controller”. This means that Pax Group LLC determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
a. first and last name;
b. date of birth;
c. Discord name and Discord number;
d. account credentials, such as passwords and other security information for authentication and access;
e. user content, such as communications and files provided by you in relation to your use of our services;
f. payment information, such as payment card number (credit or debit card), and the security code associated with your payment instrument, if you make a pament;
g. device information, such as information about your device, such as IP address, location or provider;
h. usage information and browsing history, such as information about how you navigate within our services, your browsing history and which elements of our services you use the most;
i. location data, for services with location-enhanced features. If we need your consent to collect geo-location data, we will collect this data separately;
j. demographic information, such as your country and preferred language;
Data that given to us by you
6. Pax Group LLC will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example;
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, email or through other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
e. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
f. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to maintain a valid email address as a registered user.
Personal Information About You From Third Parties
7. We also collect personal information about you from third parties, such as partners and service providers who work with us in relation to our services, and publicly available sources, such as public websites, open government databases or other data in the public domain, to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance our services.
Data that is collected
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes you IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content. Our servers, logs and other technologies automatically collect system/device and usage information to help us administer, protect and improve our services, analyze usage and improve users’ experience.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies and similar technologies included on our services, in accordance with and pursuant to the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”;
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using the Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons;
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via email, we’ll need your consent, whether via opt-in or soft opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services).
Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your specific consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when considering by, for example, checking a tick box that we provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract. We will process your personal information in order to fulfill that contract (i.e., provide you with services).
Who we share Data with
13. We may share your data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
Keeping Data secure
14. Pax Group LLC takes the security of personal information seriously and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information, including administrative, technical and physical safeguards. These security measures are in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We will use technical and organizational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you;
b. we store your Data on secure servers; and
c. the transfer of confidential information such as credit card numbers and financial data are communicated via state of the art encryption.
Unfortunately no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, you acknowledge that (1) there are security and privacy limitations of the internet which are beyond our control; (2) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and date exchanged between you and us through this site cannot be guaranteed; and (3) any such information and date may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
15. Technical and organizational measures include measure to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorized access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via email: email@example.com
17. Even if we delete you Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
18. You have the following rights in relation to your data:
a. Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reason why.
b. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we use it.
e. Right to portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
g. Right to Opt Out of Email Marketing – When we send marketing emails, we provide unsubscribe options for your use within our emails. To update your email marketing preferences, please visit the applicable email preference center, a link to which will normally be included in emails you receive from us. In addition, you can also use the “Contact Us” feature of our website, or contact our privacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org
19. To make inquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via email: email@example.com
20. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to the way your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority.
21. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to maintain a valid email address as a registered user, review this site and this Notice periodically and to be aware of any modifications. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current and we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that this is the case but we do not undertake to check or verify the accuracy of personal information provided by you. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us either by logging into your account on the website, or by contacting us. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal information that you provide us.
Changes of business ownership and control
23. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
24. in the above instance, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
26. All cookies used by this Website are in accordance with international Cookie Laws.
27. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing Cookies, you are enabling Pax Group LLC to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
28. The website may place the following Cookies.
a. strictly necessary/functional Cookies;
b. analytical/performance Cookies.
29. You can find a list of Cookies below.
Cookies in use
absf Stores selected folder in file browser
Stores the last opened page in admin view. Used when switching between public and admin view.
Additional session key.
Also used to display notifications in place of the Wild Apricot logo.
Used to display notifications in place of the Wild Apricot logo.
Used for CSRF (Cross-site request forgery) attack protection.
Stores the return URL after an unsuccessful attempt to authorize a transaction with Wild Apricot Payments (AffiniPay).
Used to determine if the user is viewing the site in https mode.
Stores the last opened page in public view. Used when switching between admin and public view.
Stores the return URL after successfully authorizing a transaction with Wild Apricot Payments (AffiniPay).
Stores role of user (contact/member/admin).
Stores the association ID. Used when authorizing a transaction with Wild Apricot Payments (AffiniPay).
Used to display information about incomplete applications and event registrations, open invoices etc.
Test cookie used to determine if cookies are enabled in client browser.
Main authorization cookie.
Used for wizards (member application, event registration, etc).
Also used for wizards (member application, event registration, etc).
Legitimate Interests For Use
34. We use personal information for a number of legitimate interests, including to provide and improve services, administer our relationship with you and our business, for marketing and in order to exercise our rights and responsibilities. More detailed information about these legitimate interests is set forth below.
a. to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support and training, verify your identity, and send important account, subscription and service information;
b. to administer our relationship with you, our business and our third-party providers, including, but not limited to, the purpose of sending you invoices;
c. to deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, research, reports and business and market information. We analyze the way you use our services to make suggestions to you for features or services that we believe you will also be interested in, and so that we can make our services more user-friendly;
d. to personalize your experience with our services. We may retain your browsing and usage information to make your searches within our services more relevant and use those insights to target advertising to you online on our website. We may sometimes share your information across our services so that we can make all of the services we deliver to you more intuitive (e.g., rather than requiring you to enter the same data many times.)
e. to contact you in relation to, and conduct, surveys or polls you choose to take part in and to analyze the data collected for market research purposes;
f. to display information you choose to post, share, upload or make available in the Discord server, chat rooms, messaging services and community and event forums, including in community and event profiles, and for related collaboration, peer connection, and information exchange;
g. for internal research and development purposes and to improve, test, and enhance the features and functions of our services;
h. to provide you with marketing, as permitted by law;
i. to meet our internal and external audit requirements, including our information security obligations;
j. to enforce our terms and conditions;
k. to protect our rights, privacy, safety, networks, systems and property, or those of other persons;
l. for the prevention, detection or investigation of a crime or other breach of law or requirement, loss prevention or fraud;
m. to comply with the requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, including where they are outside of your country of residence;
n. in order to exercise our rights, and to defend ourselves from claims and to comply with laws and regulations that apply to us or third parties with whom we work; and
o. in order to participate in, or be the subject of any sale, merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
37. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
39. Our Privacy Notice as to Children: Neither this website nor our services are directed to persons under the age of 18 years. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 years of age without parental consent. If we become aware that a child under 18 years of age has provided us with personally identifiable information without parental consent, we will delete such information from our files and terminate that individual’s use of the service.
Your past, present or future membership with Pax Group LLC is an acknowledgement of this disclaimer and policy. Your past, present or future membership with Pax Group LLC signifies that you have read this and agree to it.